I was looking for a way to help my cats glam it up during the holidays. I found this fun project while playing around on Pinterest. These collars are super easy to make, and your cat will look extra special this holiday season.
What you’ll need:
- Recycled children’s collared shirt (I had fun scouring thrift stores for just the right shirt)
- Seam ripper
- Craft glue (optional)
- Embellishments like fabric trim, ribbon, etc. (optional)
- Measure your cat’s neck. (My cat Agatha’s neck measures 11 inches, so I took along a tape measure while shirt shopping to make sure it would fit.)
- Use the seam ripper to unpick the collar from the shirt at the neckline. You can also just cut the collar off, but this will leave you with a frayed, unfinished edge.
- I kept mine plain, but you can also include an extra touch of fun with fabric trim or ribbon.
- That’s it! Just button the collar around your cat’s neck — and get your phone camera ready!
Read Next: How You Can Help Cats This Holiday Season
Credit: Source link